Wednesday, May 6, 2009

San Francisco and Friends

The title sounds like a bad coffee company, right? Thinking of catchy title each time is tough and today my creativity has been zapped due to a 1 am wake-up by ms. bean and the fact that I accidently made an entire pot of decaf this morning (usually, it's 3/4 decaf and 1/4 heaven, I mean caf). Whatever, you get the idea though, right? :) A few weeks ago we ventured out to San Francisco because Liz and Cory were in town.

Curtis organized a BBQ and Giants game. Originally, I was a little hesistant about taking Lola to an afternoon baseball game because (1) this is something we hadn't done yet and venturing into the unknown is always a little scary and (2) I hate locating parking for events that attract thousands of people. Luckily, numero dos was easily taken care of by the fact that Curtis' apartment was located, literally, across the street from the ballpark and he secured a visitor spot for us in his building's garage.

Fear numero uno turned out to be just another irrational mother fear (these haunt me quite frequently), and Lola was fine. She didn't get sunburned (thank god!) and didn't scream, cry, or poop all over herself (the trifecta). Instead, she just chilled.


First we BBQ'd at Curtis' apartment. His building has this awesome patio on the roof of the 4th floor. It was the perfect place for a BBQ. Philip shared some baby secrets with us that he learned from recently becoming an uncle. Lola mingled with him for a bit.



But then returned to mommy for soem time in the shade.


We did a quick change of clothes before walking over to the ballpark and exchanged her cute sundress for a more appropriate sun-blocking long sleeve shirt and jeans. Before we left, Liz introduced L to tecate. I love the look on Lola's face. It's as if she is saying, "what? me? noooo."
Once we arrived at the stadium, Josh and Lola retreated to a section that provided adequate shade. Amy, Adam and I soon joined them. As proof of my sunburn paranoia, you can see here that Lola has special sun stickers stuck to her. According to the box, the stickers should change color when the baby is exposed to so much sun that a risk of burning exists. I guess the positive is that if your kid does burn while wearing these stickers, she also ends up with a tattoo? :)
Amy with Lola.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting for this post to show up! I was worried you might not include the Tecate picture :)

    The good news is that Lola is NOT into Tecate, so you don't have to worry about that...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun trip! I've never seen those stickers before! Fabulous. I love the pic of Amy with Lola...Lola's looking at her like, HELLO! Don't you want to talk to me? And Amy's totally somewhere else... :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehlan, that was the only play of the entire game that I watched! But you're right...I should have been having an intellectually stimulating conversation with her. If she doesn't get into Exeter, we'll blame my passion for the Giants.

    ReplyDelete