While we were in San Diego, Josh spent most of his time at the beach and surfed until his sunburned skin and sore muscles could take no more. In the meantime, Lola and I visited family and friends. For many, this was their first Lola experience. It was great to introduce her to so many.
Our first day there happened to be a Sunday. I took Lola to church and afterwards, we took a photo with my parents in the gazebo.
After church, Joanna and Donna came over to meet the bean. Here's Joanna and Lola:
And then Donna and Lola. (Donna rocked her right to sleep! I was impressed).
One of the special parts of this trip included my little brother meeting Lola for the first time. Nick had never really held a baby before and needed a brief tutorial. Soon afterward, he was pretty comfortable with his niece.
The next day, we went and visited my grandfather. When I was pregnant, my grandpa was convinced that I was going to have a boy. He was so sure (even though the ultrasound clearly indicated a girl), that I was wondering if he would be disappointed when we showed up with a girl. Instead, he completely melted. Honestly, I had not seen him this happy in years. It was wonderful. He couldn't get enough of her. Here we are, four generations:
That night, we stopped by to see John and Betty. Lola LOVED them, but then again, who doesn't love the G-family? And, I'm pretty sure they loved her too :)
Here's Betty, using her grandma-charm on Lola.
And then Lola with Johnny Gun!
The next morning, we had an important introduction to make: Andy, the African tortoise. First, we set Lola up to go for a ride.
Then, a quick stretch.
Later that day, Lola hung out with Nick and his girlfriend Therese. Therese used her baby whisperer skills and had Lola asleep for a nap in something like two minutes. (It was impressive).
Awww! I miss her! I still need to send you pics...I will right now...
ReplyDeleteI'm always surprised when Ann Stice lets anyone else hold the baby.
ReplyDelete