Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Southern California Trip - Part I

A few weeks ago, Josh and I packed up the dogs, the baby, and about 100 pounds of stuff that we believed we would need for a baby road trip but didn't use, and hopped on the 5 South. The reason for our trip was two-fold: Josh's dad was getting re-married and we were also stopping to spend time in San Diego with my parents.

In theory, driving down to Southern California was our best option. We were hesistant to leave the dogs at home due to the fact that we have shady neighbors who we don't like and we don't want around our dogs, plus we didn't necessarily want to take Lola on an airplane quite yet as we were paranoid about circulating cabin germs. So we drove.

Lola sat in the middle of the back seat with each side flanked by a dog. Have I mentioned how she doesn't like riding in the car? (Yes, I realize this is a strange dislike, as it seems as though most babies love the noise/motion of the car. However, Lola is not one of them). So, for a drive that should have taken approximately 7 hours, we arrived 11 hours later after numerous stops for nursing, diaper changes, and poop stops. Honestly, it was longest 11 hours of my life. Lola cried for probably 6 of them; Archie whined for 9; and Gizmo spent most of the drive sleeping on Josh's suit.

But, we made it. Our few days in Palm Springs were action-packed. On our first full day there, we attended Danielle's swim meet. Lola's time at the meet was evenly split between napping and kicking on the grass.

Here she is, hanging with her daddy.


And then, chilling with her Aunt Andy.


We stayed with Josh's mom while in Palm Springs. It was nice to just hang out and relax. We swung by her store, Xpect, and of course had to take a photo of Lola with her Granny Dawn.


That night, Jacob, wanted to spend the night at Granny Dawn's just so he could hang out with Lola (and us). Before he left for school in the morning, he had to get his snuggle in with his new cousin.

The next day was the wedding. I feel terrible because we don't have any good photos from the day to share. It was a very relaxed affair, but lovely. During the ceremony, I stood at the back of the church with Lola in case she started to cry. Luckily she didn't. But still, I didn't take any photos. Well, I took two:
Here's Lola with her cousin Danielle

And then, here is the delicious cupcake that I quickly devoured.

Check back soon, as I am going to try and post the second part of our trip tomorrow. My mother is in town, helping us for the week...this means more time for me to blog. :)


2 comments:

  1. How fun! Glad you found time to post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh looks so badass with Lola on the grass. He's like an ad for being a cool dad.

    ReplyDelete