Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Little Girl LOVES Trucks

She does. She has two truck books, a little wooden concrete mixer toy, and every time we go outside she is quick to point out which neighbors have trucks and which neighbors have cars. If you even say the word "truck" aloud, she will march up and down shouting "TRUCKS! TRUCKS!"

Some underground pipes are being replaced in our neighborhood, and I think from Lola's perspective, this is the greatest thing that has happened in her life other than her discovery of graham crackers. She shrieks pure joy when she sees the construction trucks on our walks. If she could, she would destroy telephone polls, just so the cable company would have to send out a bucket truck.

She loves her some trucks.

Wednesday mornings are a big deal in our house, as that is the day that the trash and recycling trucks come by. She LOVES the recycling truck.

Starting last week, Josh's employer started setting up its Christmas displays. (I know, Christmas stuff already?!) One of the toy displays included large construction trucks. As they were setting them up, Josh mentioned to a co-worker that he wanted to buy one for Lola. His co-worker was quick to disapprove, saying "Well, that's a bummer that she loves trucks. You can't get her one. She's a girl."

I would like to say that his co-worker is pretty lucky that Josh hasn't told me his name. Why? Because I want to punch him in the face. With my girl fist.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man. I'm gonna get her the biggest dump truck. And then you'll take a picture and Josh will hang it on his locker to spite that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, they really are soul sisters, Michaela loves seeing trucks too!

    ReplyDelete