Thursday, September 9, 2010

Family Surf Trip Part III

On day 3 of our trip, Lola experienced a break through. No, she wasn't all of a sudden weaned, potty-trained, and sleeping through the night, (although all three of those things sound pretty amazing!)

Perhaps, though, this was just as great.

Because on day 3, she learned to love the ocean.

On our past couple of beach adventures, Lola didn't care for the water. She was all about the sand. The birds. The people.

We didn't push her to go into the water. But, we hoped that she would eventually would try it and would like it.

It turns out, she loves the water.










By the end of the afternoon, we had to watch her carefully, because she would run as fast as she could toward the waves with no regard as to who was the stronger opponent. One time, she ran right in, only to be knocked over, flat on her back. I was with her when it happened, and I expected her to be scared and cry. Instead, she looked at me, drenched in salt water, and whispered, "Whoa, Mama.

Next year, Josh wants to teach her how to surf. We'll just see about that.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't "Whoa Mama" what Michelle Tanner used to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little soul sister, MJ also loves getting bowled over by the waves!

    And when I first read this, I thought it said Lola was sleeping through the night, weaned and potty trained... I nearly choked on my pie! (By the way, your blog goes perfectly with pie... we're out of ice cream ;-)

    ReplyDelete