Friday, September 3, 2010

Family Surf Trip - Part 1 - An event in which I did not pee on myself

In honor of our last (unofficial) summer weekend, I thought I would post photos from our Family Surf Trip.

Last month, in order to escape the summer heat, we packed up the Camry and drove and drove and drove to the beach. The halfway point between where we are and where we were going was Big Sur.

Because I love to create traditions, we stopped for breakfast at the lovely Big Sur River Inn.





After a delicious meal, we wandered out back to look at the river.








We tried to get a photo of Lola and I in the bench, but she wanted nothing to do with my photo.



I had just wanted something to compare against last year's photo.



But, now a toddler, she felt that exploring took first priority.



The rest of our drive was uneventful. There was no craziness like the last time we drove down, and Lola managed to make the entire drive without having any sort of melt down.

Let me repeat. Lola managed to make the entire drive without having any sort of melt down. Is there a Guiness Book of World Records for "Longest Amount of Time my Kid can Spend in a Car Seat and Not Melt down?" Because if there is, I'd like to see it. And then, I will give them Lola, because this kid survived an entire 9 hour drive by only exiting the seat ONCE, and never did she cry. All this, and we didn't even bring a portable DVD player.

She may only be able to sleep for six straight hours, but she can sit in a car seat and read for nine. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the River Inn too... wish MJ could last more than a couple of hours in the car... really restricts our camping venues. Then again, having a newborn baby doesn't make it any easier, as I'm sure you know!

    ReplyDelete