Friday, September 10, 2010

Family Surf Trip Part IV - Cousins

The slogan for this year's camping trip was, "More Babies and a New Puppy!" Well, the new puppy was a no-show, and understandably so, since camping without a dog is much easier than camping with a dog. But, the babies! The babies were out in full force.









Now, just be clear, there are only two new babies in the family. I have three photos posted, and I absolutely hate to admit this in writing, but I can't tell which photo contains Reese and which photo contains Elliott, so I give you three photos with the hope that we aren't just all holding Reese (or Elliott). I feel like I have a better chance of posting a photo of both of them if I just post more photos.

As I searched for photos to post, I felt a huge surge of guilt when I realized that I had all these photos of babies, but I had no idea which baby was in the photo. Then, I started to panic.


How am I going to label these photos? I can't say, "Josh and Twin." I just can't do it. I have actually already taken a silent vow to never call them "The Twins." I am sure I am over analyzing this, but I have come to learn that maternal guilt knows no boundaries. Clearly, it carries right over to my nephews.


So, the next time I take photos of Reese and Ellie, I am going to have to stick little post-its on them, or carry a notebook and jot down, "Josh with Elliott, in kitchen, 3:25PM" or something. BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE ME LESS NEUROTIC.


As for Lola's other cousins, Jacob and Danielle, they were also in attendance. Josh was thrilled that they went surfing with him each day.


On my side of the family, Lola's lone cousin is Daisy. She also attended the trip, but chose to spend most of the days napping in the beach tent while wearing her swim suit.

5 comments:

  1. Delinda - Don't worry about not knowing which twin is which. They won't know either when looking back at the pics, their mom will, maybe their dad, but no one else. I still have to ask my mom "is the Emily or me," in our baby pictures, and sometimes I don't know if she knows all the time :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! I was hoping you would provide some insight for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What might be worse is that there are baby pictures in our house that no one can tell are me or Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine here just had twins and I too am avoiding the "twins" label... let's see how long I can last! Eventually it will be shorter to text "twins" and I'm sure I'll get lazy and forget

    ReplyDelete
  5. And those pics are freakin cute!!

    ReplyDelete