Regardless, Gizmo is an important part of our family. She takes great joy in licking, humping inanimate objects, and barking at our neighbor's dog in an attempt to fulfill her fantasy of being murdered by a pit bull. She's a very sweet and loving dog, but (clearly) not very intelligent.
But, as I mentioned before, she LOVES Lola. Whenever the bean enters Gizmo's domain (i.e., the floor), Gizmo immediately greets her with an uninvited lick. It's like a hazing ritual of sorts. Lola goes on the ground, Gizmo licks her, I scold Gizmo, Lola laughs. The two of them enjoy this routine.
For example, here we are in the kitchen. I am trying to make cranberry oatmeal bars. Lola is entertaining herself with the whisk, and Gizmo comes by with a sneak attack. First, she surveys the bean.
Then, right as I capture Lola's attention, Gizmo goes in for the lick.
Ah ha! Caught! Obviously, Gizmo doesn't realize that her mama is a lawyer and is taking this is as evidence. Not that I really need any evidence, as I spend half of my free time separating her tongue from Lola's body.
Then, yesterday, as I was attempting to take some photos to commemorate Lola's five month-ness, Gizmo decided she wanted to be involved.
First, she worked on distracting Lola.
Acting as if her presence wasn't enough, Gizmo began running back and forth in front of the camera.
Then she attempted to crawl in my lap.
But, she was unsatisfied. Instead, she felt she would be more productive if she wildly rolled back and forth.
Deciding that wasn't good enough, she turned around.
And then finally, snuggled up to the bean.
way cute! I love that they are the same size! And love Lola's dress of course, simply because we got them together for our little ladies!
ReplyDeleteI love that for most of the photo shoot, Lola's just gaping in disbelief at the antics of her doggie brother.
ReplyDelete