I also love the irony of these photos.
Meant to capture a carefree summer moment as if we are Dorothy and Lola is our Toto.
Depending on how well you know me, you know that I don't believe in bicycles. Like, at all. Due to a childhood adventure that resulted in me ending up in a lake while on a bike, or should I write, with the bike on me, I have long boycotted bicycles.
Silly? Maybe.
Stubborn? Definitely.
Chance that I will ever ride a bicycle that isn't attached to the floorboards of a 24hour fitness? Never.
Obviously, all of Lola's bike-related training is going to be a daddy duty. But, by god, she'll wear a helmet. And knee pads. And elbow pads. And she'll possibly be covered from head to toe in bubble wrap. And, of course sunscreen. Not that sunscreen has anything to do with preventing bicycle injuries, but it does prevent melanoma and P.E. teacher knees.
Sigh. This poor kid. She has no idea what she is in for. :)
I ditto not loving bikes. Somehow I am signed up for a 150 mile bike ride next summer--I'm already dreading it.
ReplyDeleteA Lola-sized helmet would be so cute.
ReplyDelete