Monday, August 26, 2013
Because THIS girl knows how to party.
Oh, my dear Lola Jane.
On August 2, my sister, Lola's beloved Auntie LouLou, got married and Lola was thrilled to be the flower girl.
For weeks, Lola talked about how she was going to wear her "beautiful flower gown" and she even expressed excitement over the glittery mary janes that I picked out for her.
But then, during the procession, right as the bridal party began to walk down the aisle, her eyes widened and she whispered, "My tummy doesn't feel good."
I rushed her off to the bathroom, hoping that using the toilet would provide her with relief. It didn't. Bringing her back to her spot in the procession line, she whispered to me again, "My tummy doesn't feel good." I squatted down as best I could, and said in my most confident voice, "I'm sorry that you don't feel good, but you need to walk down the aisle with your flower petals, and then sit with Daddy." Then, I stood up, turned, and walked down the aisle, trying to smile for the photographer while praying that Lola would follow behind me.
And, she did. Actually, she walked down the aisle backwards as she dropped her flower petals, ensuring that she would not step on them. It was adorable. She made it to the alter, gave a high-five to Uncle JoeJoe, and went and sat with Josh, just as previously discussed.
To top it off, she quietly sat through the entire twenty minute ceremony, not even wiggling once. Afterwards, she exited, and when I met her and Josh, he leaned over and said, "She says her tummy doesn't feel good." We briefly discussed what could be wrong, but were quickly herded by the photographer to the designated photo spot.
Lining up the bridal party, the photographer placed me next to my sister, and then put Lola in front, slightly between us. As she lifted the camera to her eye, she counted, "1...2...3!" As if on cue, Lola spewed orange vomit. In a sequence of slow motion images, Josh lunged forward with his hands cusped in attempt to catch the liquid, while I picked Lola up and held her at a downward diagonal angle away from my sister and hoped that nothing touched my sister's beautiful dress.
Somehow, the contents of Lola's stomach didn't come into contact with anyone, other than Josh's hands. As I set Lola on the floor, she looked up at all the concerned faces staring at her and she calmly said, "I vomited at Auntie LouLou's wedding. I feel better now."
The photographer, not at all phased, whisked my sister and Joe away, and the party went on as planned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Aw, I hope it was just nerves! At any rate, it's a day you'll never forget! Glad that the dress was safe! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that she got to enjoy the rest of the day. Looks like it was a beautiful wedding.
ReplyDelete