It was incredible. Seriously. For those of you that are unfamiliar with it, let me tell you:It was everything I ever imagined, and more. Casa Bonita gained national fame for being depicted on South Park. I learned about it (since I obviously don't watch South Park) from Amy's descriptions of it from living in Denver.
Casa Bonita is a large entertainment venue in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. It's a large gaudy pink building located in a ghetto strip mall. In order to enter, you are forced to purchase a meal (which was horrible as its reputation claimed), but we were then treated to an entertainment extravaganza. Cliff divers, a wild costumed gorilla, an arcade, a puppet show, and lots of other strange, but fun, events. I wish I had better photos. These pictures really do the place an injustice.
The cliff divers:
Lola, unimpressed with the food.
Some time in the arcade. Lola loved driving the car:
Ski-ball was also popular. Adam bringing in the points:
Curtis and Josh scoring some game tickets.
And, Lola, in an attempt to bring some fairness to the game.
I've never heard of Casa Bonita, but I am really impressed with Lola's "unimpressed with the food" face. Something VERRRRRY serious was going on!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure it's that Lola was upset with the food. She seems to be watching the cliff divers and thinking, "One day..."
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe Dave's never even heard of the place and he used to live there! It seems like such a legend!
ReplyDelete