Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Fun at Sea World

Earlier this month, Lola and I made a short weekend trip down to San Diego. I had wanted to watch my brother perform in Sea World's Shamu Rocks! Show, so we made a special trip to the amusement park.

During weekends in October, Sea World goes all out for Halloween. We packed Lola's costume from last year. Surprisingly, it still fits! Once she was properly outfitted, we explored the park.

We went to the Shark Encounter.



and saw some penguins,



and then stopped by the toddler play structure. Lola is pretty shy around other kids, so it took her awhile to warm up. In order to warm up, she felt it was necessary to lay on the ground and watch the children from a distance.



At one point, she ventured out onto the mat, but then realized she was a little too far away and came running back.



We also went to the Sesame Street Halloween show. Lola LOVED this show. She LOVES Sesame Street. It was so cute to see her enjoying all the characters. Halfway through, she stood up and started swaying side to side, completely entranced. Honestly, so was I. I couldn't believe how good these people could dance in these giant furry costumes! Afterward, we bum rushed the stage to get a photo with the characters. I punched two pregnant woman in the face and threw a stroller to the side. I didn't even look to see if there was a child in it.

JUST KIDDING.

We patiently waited in line to take our photo with Elmo. But, Lola loves them so much, that I believe she would have instructed such behavior to get a photo with her beloved puppet.




That night, we watched her Uncle Nick perform. He is such a rock star. I demanded that we take a photo with him, but by this point, Lola partied so hard that she passed out. Oh, our little beanpie babe.

2 comments:

  1. Is that THE guitar on Nick's back?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest little turtle I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete