Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day - Part I

Our Christmas morning began even a little earlier than Lola would have like. Usually, an early bird, she was not happy that we had to drop off her Auntie LouLou at the airport by 6 AM.



While an early airport trip was not ideal, it did work out because this allowed Lola and I to be the first ones in line at the Starbucks drive-thru window.

Yes, we went to Starbucks on Christmas morning.

I am by no means one of those Starbucks addicts, but our coffee press broke on Christmas Eve and well, it just isn't Christmas without a hot cup of coffee. I didn't expect Starbucks to even be open, but its inside lights shined like the North Star and ten minutes later I was sipping a peppermint mocha.

When we got home, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Josh was awake. I had expected him to sleep in because, due to his work schedule and the fact that we live with an infant, he never has the opportunity to sleep in. Instead, he was awake, and "ready to open presents."

I began to make breakfast (french toast),



while Lola entertained herself with a present Josh had opened on Christmas Eve.



We were amazed that she immediately knew what to do with it. Obviously, she has been paying attention.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Lola has your haircolor, which is interesting because, well, I think we know why it's interesting.

    2) The perspective on that picture with Josh makes her look six years old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast! I'm glad she's learning how to drink coffee :)

    ReplyDelete