Somehow, my friend Karen and I were lucky enough to have children born in the same year. Even though we don't get to see each other often, so when we do, we try to get the kids together to play. On this particular trip, Lola and I met Karen and Tate at the San Diego Zoo. A place filled with very cool animals as well as these amazing Icee beverages.
The kids had a great time chasing each other and playing, while Karen and I got a few hours to chat and catch up. At one point when they were playing, Lola turned to Tate and said, "I'm angry. You're not my friend." None of us, including Tate, could figure out why she was mad, and she since she refused to tell us what exactly was making her so angry, it remained a mystery.
Regardless of what was wrong, her foul mood quickly dissipated and minutes later she was proclaiming how her and Tate were friends. By the time we left the park, Lola didn't want to say good-bye to her friend.
OR MAYBE SHE'S SQUEEZING HIM INTO SUBMISSION.
ReplyDelete