Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas in the Village

A few weeks ago, Lola and I attended our neighborhood's Christmas in the Village celebration.  We met Lola's BFF, Zoe, and Zoe's mom, Kacie, at the clubhouse for a community theater production of "Winnie-the-Pooh." 

Then, we walked to the park and saw a tow truck full of people playing ukeleles and singing Christmas songs.  


I think it is obvious that I wasn't the only one who got a serious kick out of the ukelele band. (I don't know that woman, but I think we could be friends.)


We stayed for the Christmas parade, and Lola was very excited about high school marching band.


Zoe was not impressed.



The parade was full of characters. We saw our U.S. Senator. (Doesn't he look like a Senator?)

As well as some llamas.

And even a group that is committed to using light sabers. 
 We even saw a car that I am pretty sure is on Josh's wish list.


The highlight of the parade was Mr and Mrs Santa Claus. However, I don't have any photos of them because as they driving by (on their tractor"sleigh"), they were simultaneously tossing out lollipops to the kids. I opted to hold onto my squirming two-year-old than get a photo of Saint Nick.

Lola and Zoe were very pleased with their lollipops.




It was a great afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Her enthusiasm is like an ad for Disneyland. Also, this looks like it might even beat out the chicken festival. I'm coming with you next year.

    ReplyDelete