Monday, August 1, 2011

It's never a bad thing to fall in love, right?

As I've mentioned before, my entire summer garden revolves around the ingredients for my sister-in-law Andrea's amazing salsa recipe. Well, right now, the garden is in full bloom.



As you can see, the boxes are filled to capacity.



This has resulted in a need to... MAKE SALSA! Such large quantities of salsa is even too much for me to eat. So, I canned some and gave them to friends.




This was my first attempt at canning salsa. My friend Maria is taking a canning class through our local university's education extension program, and she frequently shares the handouts with me. I was thrilled when she shared some information about canning salsa with me. I have a feeling that I will be canning more in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Did your salsa turn out good. I don't have a good recipe for canned salsa, would you be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete