Anyway, enough whining from me. I know you're really here for the photos, so let me get started.
We decided to return to the same campground that we went to last year. The weather was PERFECT. It was 75 degrees every day ON THE BEACH. What made the weather even better was knowing that it 95 degrees at home. :)
For this trip, we invited our nephew Jacob to join us. Little did he know, we invited him along so he could watch Lola. Little did we know, his babysitting skills involved digging a hole in the sand and sticking our kid in it.
Like an inescapable pack-and-play.
Genius.
Like most camping trips, or should I say, like most of our camping trips, something always has to go wrong (i.e., peeing on myself, or forgetting the air mattress.) This trip was no exception.
This year, on our, the second night, the fog that is so famous in this part of California rolled in -- right into our tent. We still aren't quite sure what happened, but I can tell you the result: Josh and I were up all night, trying to avoid the water that was dripping off the tent ceiling and landing directly on our faces. No matter where we moved in our giant tent, the water followed us.
Somehow, Jacob and Lola were exempt from this weird phenom. They slept beautifully, and awoke in the morning to only slightly damp sleeping bags. Josh and I were exhausted. We were so exhausted that instead making our breakfast by the campfire, we drove into town and ate at a cafe.
It was that bad.
The following night, the drip disappeared, but in its place, a pack of raccoons appeared. They became obsessed with the surf boards, which were directly behind the tent wall, and wouldn't stop running back and forth across the boards, scratching themselves and gibbering in their raccoon-talk. I found myself whisper-screaming, "SHUT UP!" to the pack of thieves. In the morning, I half-expected to find the surf boards hanging from the trees. Instead, we were just exhausted.
But of course, not too tired to spend our last few hours of vacation on the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment