Friday, July 2, 2010

The beginning of what could possibly be a very big battle

Right after L's first birthday, Josh and I purchased a little white potty for her. Frequently, throughout the day, we reference it.

"Lola, mommy needs to go pee on the toilet. Do you want to sit on your potty?"

"Look Lola, there is your potty. Do you want to sit on it?"

"Potty, potty, potty, sit on the potty." (I sing this one. Yeah, I know. Motherhood.)
If we are lucky, she will glance in its direction. Occasionally, she'll put her blocks in it, and then empty them onto the bathroom floor. This doesn't disgust me since urine and bowel movements have yet to meet the plastic pot.
She is almost 17 months old, and she shows no signs of wanting to potty train.
But, she loves removing her diaper. This gives me a little hope, and also some additional stress.





Which, of course, leads to some very interesting situations.


4 comments:

  1. freakin hilarious... because it didn't happen in my house, well this time anyway! Josh, just so you know, Olivia is now saying "the butt, butt, butt, butt". You should have warned me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAAA! Classic!

    If this was at my house, though, one of the dogs probably would have snatched it up like some delicious treat. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lola, you're supposed to do your reading DURING the act, not AFTER it.

    PS I laughed so hard that I stopped breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....is this what I can expect when I come to watch Lola??? Its been a long time since I cleaned up poopoo, hurry Lola!!!! Potty toilet is good!!!!

    ReplyDelete