Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Lola.

Today is Lola's first birthday.

I'm going to be honest here: I am thankful we survived. I know that countless of people have done it before, that we had a great support system, that we only had a singleton, and for the most part that she's happy, healthy, and a joy to be around.

But, man, that was hard.

And yet, here we are. A year later. She's alive. Josh and I are still married.

I would say this year was a success. :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lola! I'm glad you survived too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Lola! I'm also glad that you survived and are kind enough to pass advice and encouragement my way. I hope that you all have a great 2nd year with Lola. (and of course many more after that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the parents get enough attention on a first birthday. Or ANY birthday, for that matter. I hope you guys are at least still enjoying cupcakes. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you all survived...and thrived!

    ReplyDelete