In honor of Lola's birthday, we threw a little party. I made lots of homemade vegan food, which of course, I didn't tell anyone that every thing they ate was vegan until they told me how much they loved it.
Lola entertained her guests.
And, she spent lots of time with family.

When the cake appeared, she was all business. I love the photo below because her expression clearly says, "Really mom? You're putting a burning candle in front of me?" For the record, she still has her eyebrows.

At first, she was hesistant about the cake. Prior to this moment, Lola had not tasted refined sugar.
She seems to like it.

Your vegan food was delicious...especially those scone things! Way to sneak it in here. You know I usually love animal protein in my cupcakes.
ReplyDeleteWhen we started singing Happy Birthday, there was this visible conflict inside of her. It was like she wanted to cry, but she held it together for the team.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have been there! She's so adorable!
ReplyDelete