Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lola meets President Obama.

Sort of.



This past weekend was our neighborhood's annual Chicken Festival. It's in honor of chickens because, well, chickens wander around our semi-suburban/rural neighborhood and pretty much do whatever they want. Remember this? Instead of homeless people, we have homeless chickens. :)

Adam and Amy came out for the festival and in the 90+ degree heat we walked around the street fair, listened to bands claiming to "soothe the savage chickens," and laughed over the many chicken hats, chicken kabobs, and rubber chickens being marketed by vendors.

And, of course, I had to get a photo of Lola with the cardboard cut-out of President Obama. I couldn't resist because, based on this past election season, I kind of suspected that by the end of the day someone would steal the cut-out and hang it from a tree in the park.

Now, before my Dad picks up the phone to joke about how it makes total sense for Obama to be there with the chickens, I would also like to point out that the community Republicans had a booth as well AND another booth was selling "Freedom Fries." So yes, both major political parties, as well as people who dislike the French, associate with chickens. :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. A little girl in my ECFE class is obsessed with Barack Obama and named her girlfish "Barack Obama". Her mom says every morning she comes downstairs and says "Good morning Barack Obama!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never occurred to me that Barack might get stolen. I DID notice that there was no one at the Republican booth, and that they didn't have any awesome pins there. And that I haven't heard the term "freedom fries" in probably a year, and that they make me sad for America.

    ReplyDelete