Sunday, January 4, 2015

He's lucky that he's so darn cute.

Well, he finally sucked it up and said "Mama."  This happened a few days before Christmas. I like to think that perhaps this was his baby way of giving me a nice gift, especially since that same day he said very clearly, "Mommy."  But he also said "nose" and "eye" and "ear" that day. Maybe, he thinks I'm also a body part?

His vocabulary is kind of blowing me away these days. He is months ahead of where Lola was at this age. At 15 months, she only had a handful of words that she could say and I remember Josh and I always telling ourselves, what a great little talker she is.  As if we had anything to do with it. Just like we have nothing to do with Beau's speedy progress. Instead, I am enjoying hearing his little voice.

His newest words:

meatball
cheese
cat
meow
baby
Elmo
cookie
Here ya go (and then he'll hand something to you)
knock knock (he laughs when you ask, "who's there?")
Beau
Lola (oh-aw)
Grandma (gam-ma)

Here's a photo of B, running around the house with a dish towel. He thinks it's hilarious to remove them from the kitchen and then abandon them, usually behind the couch.




No comments:

Post a Comment