Thursday, July 18, 2013

A quick trip to San Francisco

In an attempt to escape the inland heat, Lola and I drove out to San Francisco for a weekend. Lola was pretty ticked that we drove into the city, rather than parking in an east bay neighborhood and taking BART, so when we arrived, and Amy asked her what she would like to do, she said, "I want to go on a BART train!"



So, we began. First, was a ride on a MUNI train to the Ferry Building. Lola loves trains, but hates the sound of them when they come into the station. 


Then, we decided to do an impromptu ferry ride to Sausalito.


 Sausalito was nice, but touristy. We decided that it was a trip worth doing once, but probably never again. :)

We walked around, ate lunch, and then went back on the ferry. It was a beautiful day to be out on the water. 
 Then, to get back to Amy's, we satisfied Lola's request and took a BART train. I don't believe anyone loves to ride BART as much as Lola. Seriously.


The next day, we explored a new park in the Duboce Triangle. Lola made a friend, and when it was time to leave, she said, "See you next week."  It was simultaneously very cute and sad. 



1 comment:

  1. I had the best and most expensive meal of my life in Sausolito. :)

    ReplyDelete