Friday, June 21, 2013

That Crazy Pregnant Lady

Things that I've recently done that I will publicly admit and I will wholeheartedly blame on being pregnant:

  1.  I demanded that Josh go to Trader Joe's just to buy their roasted coconut flakes for me. (When he came home with the last three bags that were available for purchase in the store, I was sad that he wasn't able to buy four bags.) 
  2. After letting Gizmo out into our unfenced backyard, I proceeded to forget that I let her out, and 15 minutes later when I remembered that I let her out and realized that she wasn't in the backyard, I ran down the street in my bathrobe, yelling, "Gizmo! Do you want a treat?" Mind you, it was 11 AM on a Sunday morning, and when I went back inside the house, trying to figure out a way to tell Lola that I lost our dog, Gizmo was asleep in her bed.
  3. Having what I call a pregnancy hot flash, and thinking that no one but Lola would see me, I decided to strip down to my bra and underwear while cleaning the house. Unfortunately, Josh came home early and found me mopping the kitchen floor in my underwear. 
  4. During another hot flash, I realized that our ice maker wasn't making enough ice for me to eat/drink/transform into popsicles. I put on the only pair of clean shorts that I had, which were way too short and tight and never meant to be worn in public, and drove to the liquor store to buy ice.
  5. I want mango. Lots of mango. But, I hate peeling mangoes. Luckily, this is the right season to find pre-cut. pre-peeled mango in the deli section of the grocery store. Glorious mangoes.
  6. I also want popsicles, or shaved ice, or slurpees. Preferably all of them in either a coconut or mango flavor.
  7. I am totally obsessed with the idea of going to Hawaii. I have no idea why. But, I have totally planned out the entire trip in my head. Somehow, I am going to make it happen.
  8. At the grocery store, I stood in the main aisle, jaw dropped for what was probably a good minute, before audibly sighing and saying, "REALLY?! NOW Leinies is sold in California?!!" 



1 comment:

  1. Sorry that it had to happen while you were pregnant, but I hope that you can enjoy some Leines some other time. I bet it would last, but you migh want to send Josh to buy it :).

    ReplyDelete