Friday, May 31, 2013

My Birthday and Mother's Day

This year, my birthday and mother's day were only two days apart, so I milked it for what it was worth. On my birthday, Lola insisted that we eat birthday pancakes.

 
 

 Then, for lunch, we visited my new favorite Indian buffet.  Josh isn't a big fan of Indian food, but I LOVE it and since it was my birthday, he reluctantly agreed to go.  That night, with our bellies still full from lunch, we skipped dinner and drank Slurpees instead.

For Mother's Day, we had a quiet day at home. At Lola's preschool, there was a Mother's Day tea, and the kids were instructed to be "servers."  Lola took her job very seriously; however, every time I requested that she bring me fruit, she would substitute my request with a cookie. She is a firm believer in eating lots of cookies. Each child made their mom a special "bow" to wear. It was constructed from a large coffee filter, and was very adorable.


Each child also filled out a "mom survey." I think my favorite response is number 4.


1 comment:

  1. I like the birthday pancakes. Glad you were spoiled a bit for a few days.

    ReplyDelete