I create my own stress.
I own that.
This year, I began the festivities a week early by taking Lola to San Francisco to see "Dinosaur Petting Zoo," a performance by ERTH, a Sydney-based puppet troop. I feel strange calling it a puppet show, because these are no ordinary puppets. Inside the auditorium, I wasn't able to get a very good photo, but you can at least tell that this T-Rex was pretty big. Big enough to intimidate a room full of small kids.
One of my favorite parts of the show involved when they would ask the audience questions. One question was, "When did dinosaurs become extinct?" and a child answered, "The 80s!"
After the show, we were able to meet a baby dinosaur in the lobby. I petted it too. I was surprised at how much it felt like a real animal. (The keeper commented on how he loved Lola's dino hoodie)
Then, we met Amy, Adam, and Shirley at Thorough Bread and Pastry for lunch. I fulfilled Lola's request to have a dinosaur birthday cake by purchasing a yummy chocolate cake from the bakery and throwing a small plastic dinosaur (one that she already owned, but didn't seem to recognize) on top of the cake.
She was very please with the cake.
After lunch, we took a quick family photo to commemorate the occasion. Happy SF birthday, Lola.






No comments:
Post a Comment