For weeks, I agonized over what to do for Lola's birthday. Should I throw a big party at our home? Should we go sledding in Tahoe? Should we drive out to SF and see friends? Given that her birthday is in February, and that our winter weather has been completely unpredictable this year (no snow in Tahoe and yet it rained on her birthday), I opted for a small gathering.
On the morning of her birthday, she woke up to see her birthday crown that I had, once again, stayed up late the night before to handcraft for my birthday girl. You would think, given that this is the 3rd crown I've bejeweled, that I would have remembered to do it in advance. Nope.
Lola loved it.
She wore it as she ate her banana pancake breakfast. And, she enjoyed the birthday cake candle warm-up.
After breakfast Josh, Lola, and Auntie Andy (who was in town to visit), took off to meet Josh and Lola's daddy-playgroup pals at the library for story time. I stayed at home to prep for lunch.
I made all of Lola's favorite foods:
Homemade Hummus
Trader Joe's Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Sauce
Roasted Broccoli
and of course, Birthday Cake with Ice Cream
Lola loved her birthday cake, but had a little trouble with the candles.
Lola had a wonderful day. She was, and is, a happy girl.
That's a great family picture. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad she has a healthy respect for the power of the flame. And I'm also glad she seems to be wearing a shirt with a TIE AND POCKET PROTECTOR. I'm going on Amazon immediately.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe she is 3 already. Looks like a great family day. I love the family picture as well.
ReplyDelete