(It's incredible what sort of things you dream of, once you have a kid.)
Then, a few Saturdays ago, I decided that Lola and I would walk to the Farmer's Market. It's about 3 miles from our house, but due to the ridiculousness of our suburb's belief that sidewalks are unnecessary, I mapped out a 4 mile route, determined to only walk on busy roads that had sidewalks.
About two-thirds on our way to the market, I saw signs for a yard sale. Being that I was on a mission, I usually would not have stopped, but when we reached the corner of the street of said yard sale, I saw the corner of a little green plastic roof.
Could it be a little tykes playhouse?
I made my way over to the sale, expecting the owner to tell me that he was selling it for $50. When I inquired, he smiled and told me it was free. Their family was moving and he didn't want to take it with them and he didn't want to take it to the dump.
FREE!
Then, he offered to deliver it.
FREE PLAYHOUSE. FREE DELIVERY.
Once he dropped it off, Josh cleaned it up and now, L has a little house of her own.
She loves to (repeatedly) open and close the front door.
And, playing peek-a-boo with the windows is entertaining too.
As for the farmer's market, well, that was a total bust. After finding the playhouse, we continued to walk to the market, only to discover that the market had moved to a new location 2 miles away. At that point, I called Josh and he picked us up in the car. :)
SCORE!
ReplyDeleteIt's an adorable playhouse, and you got an awesome deal! :)
Nice work D! I bet Lola will love her playhouse. I have been debating myself whether to get X an outdoor toy. I may have to check out some garage sales this weekend.
ReplyDeleteYes! Playhouses are the best! We have way too many outdoor toys... but I just can't say no to those awesome garage sale deals! It's the only way to buy those toys!
ReplyDeleteShe's so excited about it that her hair's standing on end!
ReplyDeleteI love that man for respecting the need to recycle and not add to the dump! And to deliver! What a good soul!
ReplyDelete