Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Family Surf Trip - Part II

Once we arrived at our destination, the oh so lovely Carpinteria State Beach, we set up camp, made dinner, took a walk on the beach and then listened to the surf on the beach as we fell asleep.

The next morning, we engaged in one of my favorite activities of all time: early morning coffee on the beach. This might sound strange, but my very favorite time of day (when I'm at the beach) is the early morning. The marine layer is so low that it seems to touch the sand, the water is ripe with dolphins and seals, and the surf is uninterrupted. Although most, if not all, days I awake grumbling because of the early hour of which I am needed by a particular someone, on this trip I actually enjoyed having L wake me up before everyone else.

On this first morning, Josh got up with us too. He wanted to check out the waves and determine when he would go out for a surf session.

Do you like her little hat? Every time she wears it, I smile. She looks a cross between an old school football player and a swimmer.

Back at our campsite, Lola hung out with her cousin Danielle.



Then, Josh entertained her.





Later that day, my brother and his girlfriend, and my sister arrived. I think Nick's new thing is to look tough. All the photos I have of him involve him glaring at my camera.


We set up our "Lola Tent" on the beach.


Louanne and her puppy Daisy took a mid-day nap inside.



Later on, Andrea and I took Lola down to the water. The water was chilly and Lola was unsure about the waves.


Lola opted to watch the waves from her Aunt Andrea's arms.

4 comments:

  1. This post makes me totally want to go to the beach (sans outhouses...)...and I totally love that you have a tag for "the beard" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time at the beach. Josh looks like he belongs up here in northern WI with all the timberbillys (loggers) with his beard and flannel shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I have to say is that is some beard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say this with all due respect, and seriousness:

    Lola's footballer cap makes her look fat.

    My little niblet!

    ReplyDelete